Divine Appointment

I'm still in tears as I write this.. God's hand is with us who know  Jesus... It is so evident.
We pulled in to a scenic overlook rest area to change drivers as my turn for driving  was over.  I was filing my nails when a gentleman said,  "Excuse me, did you see a gray pickup stop here?"   I said,  "No."  the man paused and looked sad and upset at the same time and then  He  said. "We'll,  I've lost my keys."  I looked at his truck. It is a brand new Dodge Ram four doors, still with paper tags. I tell him he's asked the expert in losing keys and I walk over to help him. He seems embarrassed and I ask him what was the first thing he did when he got out. He said he already had checked in the bathroom.  I walk to the other side of the truck as I keep asking where he had looked.  I look into his truck and on the dash is a Bible. And I smile. "Hello fellow Believer!" I say.  He stops and looks at me as he is walking around the truck. I'm struck with that moment when you connect with one of the body of  Christ.. So cool! I say a quick prayer.  "Jesus teach us where these keys are."  I now feel comfortable to search around in his truck and in less than ten seconds my hands feel the keys under the passenger seat.  "Here they are!" He takes them and relief is all over his face. He feels bad he thought the guy in the gray truck took the keys.  He said this is not about the keys. We were supposed to meet. This was supposed to happen. And I think back at how I prayed that  the Lord to show me a place where we could change drivers.  And then I saw it on the Google Maps this morning.  The  LORD's  plans already laid out. 
He asks my name and he says he is on his way to a new job and that his wife had recently passed away and he is taking a new job and will bring his 9 year old daughter there after school is out.  Steve walks over and I introduce him to Dave Espinosa.  And share his story.
Then Dave tells us his wife had a tumor 9 years ago and they said it would return in two years but it didn't.  He and his wife had been married 17 years and couldn't get pregnant and three months into chemo they were blessed with their daughter. 9 years later the tumor returned and his wife lived six more months. 
He thanked us again and we hugged  and I left him our  information card.  And he was on his way.... Thanks Lord for your divine appointment and for the gift of help and for fellow lovers of  You.  Watch over Dave and his daughter in this new phase of life. 

Comments

  1. What a great reminder that God is in control of every area of our lives!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two week update on being owners of Welcome Station RV Park

GUIDANI TRAIL near Kartchner Caverns

The Oaks Camp and Conference Center MMAP Project #1